As a preschool teacher, I love creative, open-ended art activities and especially enjoy sensory-based activities. Children love to touch and explore, and what's better than providing an arena where they actually are allowed to touch, dig, squeeze and enjoy. The past week was a rather chilly one here in the east, so we didn't get out much. Each day we did a simple sensory activity in our kitchen or playroom. With a little splat mat, it's really not too messy, and the pleasure and engagement time is worth the extra mopping.
- Swimmingmom
- From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
What great activities, I bet LMS loved it!! I'm glad you got your pictures working again. That would be frustrating!
Can I send Brynn over? I never do that kind of stuff.
My girls would love you! What great ideas, especially for a long, cold winter.
What fun activities! It's really neat to watch children learn as they create! You are an awesome mom!
love it we did snow tray yesterday - so fun!
you are a GOOD mom...i think i have sensory issues about not having it all over the place. really, that is so great for her. my stevie will do stuff like that with ben, and i'm okay with it because she cleans up as well. cute pictures. :)
What a great mom you are! I can't believe you let her wear a WHITE shirt while fingerpainting!
You're a fun mom! Great play time to break up the monotony of the day!
I am so glad that your comments are up and working again!
very inspiring! and the splat mat--what a great idea.
You are such a good mom! I have a good friend with a masters in early childhood development and her own preschool—she totally reminds me of you. I convinced her to start a blog about her great preschool ideas—you should check it out. It's called notjustcute.wordpress.com.
Post a Comment