My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another Stay Home Sunday

Ho hum. Home again. We tried today, we really did. Last week was at least cancelled,
so it was like a snow day from school, yippee. Today was ward conference and I was
looking forward to having Guitar Daddy drive with us since there were no early
meetings. We were all dressed, ready to go, and my hair even looked decent today. I
had my car packed with nursery snacks and new nursery toys. I was looking forward
to a nice day at church. I knew it would snow today, but I expected one to two inches.
After our first ascent uphill, or failed attempt with swerving and sliding, Guitar Daddy
turned the car around and we headed for home. I couldn't help but wonder if I had
been driving if we would have made it up the hill and made it to church after all. Following a few snide comments from me, Guitar Daddy reminded me of the our sweet little
daughter sitting just behind us and our unborn baby. Was it really worth the risk
when there were several larger hills en route. I suppose not, but I was still
disappointed. But seriously, next time, I'm driving.

6 comments:

Becky said...

i'm laughing (a little). i stayed home with ben today - NO way i was taking him out in this weather. the rest of my family went. we got like a FOOT of snow. our stake NEVER cancels so there is never any question as to whether or not we have church. the lord will bless you for your efforts. :)

Marcy said...

Way to go! You got further than I did. I showered and then didn't even end up finishing my hair or make-up. Mike came home and said he hadn't seen a single snow plow between Boston and home. He said he preferred I stay home and not venture out by myself, so home I stayed. Good for you for trying, but I'm glad you were safe at home.

Christy said...

I was ready to go too, not w/ kids. Chickened out..good thing, our street wasn't plowed till evening. Guitar daddy's diligence is never questioned!
Bet the little lady thought it was a fun ride!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany had to go to school this morning and they still hadn't plowed by 8:00 when we had to leave. Church is definitely important but safety comes first and Heavenly Father knows that you were disappointed that you didn't make it and that's what counts!!

Alli said...

Hi Donna! Our ward cancelled last Sunday so we didn't even get to try. Gold star for you guys for the attempt. LOL. And ... your "unborn child" ...?!? I hadn't heard - congrats!!

Unknown said...

There is something to be said for wielding the power and sitting behind the wheel correlation...
:)