My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Addiction



We all have them in some form or another. I admittedly have more than I care to share. Generally they fall into the chocolate category. However, this is a new found addiction acquired over Christmas while visiting my aunt in New York. While my cousins and other relatives mingled with glasses of homemade spiked eggnog or champagne in hand, I revelled in my glass of half Pom, half Pellegrino. Mmmmm.




This new habit is actually not so unhealthy for my body, although I do try to limit juice for calorie sake. I am getting lots of antioxidants with this one however. Unfortunately, it makes a big hole in my wallet, so I need to take it slow. Pomegranate juice is not exactly cheap you know. I mean, how much juice can a person squeeze from one of those seeds? I think I even prefer this to sparkling cider.

7 comments:

lyn said...

Yum! That sounds good. I had a pomegranate Jamba Juice the other day and it was super yummy, too

Smilin' sunshine said...

That is funny! I have never even heard of pomegranate juice!

LL said...

you are one WILD woman!!!
pace yourself with those mixed drinks :)

Becky said...

I've never tried it...it seemed to scare me. I'll have to give it a go...I LOVE healthy. :) Hi! I'm finally commenting on your blog...that's how slow I am. Mind if I come here often? ;)

Swimmingmom said...

LL- You know me, pretty wild, crazy and always living on the edge! Yeah right.

Becky- visit anytime, thanks for reading.

Trueman twins said...

I was at BJ's the other day and they were sampling POM. It was a bit bitter but mixed with sparkling water I bet it is great. The lady and I had this long conversation about how great it is for your health. She had cancer several years back and now she drinks a small glass every day!

smart mama said...

I really need to try it- sounds so yum- i love all things pomegrante every since i was a little girl and a tour guide gave me one in Ephesus