My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Valentine Smackdown Day # 1

Most of you who actually visit my blog are already familiar with the 14 Days of Valentines challenge given by smartmama. You know how it goes. 14 days to do extra nice things for family members at home, helping them feel how loved they are.

To start off on day #1, I had planned on making my friend's yummy pumpkin choc. chip muffins for breakfast in heart shaped pans of course! Then I realized, that is was fast Sunday, so that would not really be showing much love to Guitar Daddy as Little Miss Sunshine and I munched away at breakfast. I'll save them for another day.

So, since I NEVER iron clothes for my husband, he's really much better than me; I decided to surprise him by ironing his Sunday clothes. Yay, he even made it to his meeting on time this morning!

8 comments:

Christy said...

great work!

smart mama said...

hey ironing really ranks- even smart mama doesn't do that!

Marcy said...

I HATE ironing, so that would really be showing my love!! Good thinking!

Trueman twins said...

I thought about food too, but couldn't do it since I would be too tempted to eat! Paul's the ironer in our family too!

Unknown said...

Wow... ironing is huge. I might copy this one, since my husband wouldn't even know what to do, if he came home and found a week's worth of work shirts ironed FOR him! Great idea.

nanci said...

Great idea! Ironing is one of things I'll do to show my love for my husband.

Leah said...

Good for you! Ironing is one of the things I dislike the most!

Jamie said...

ironing is a great service and one that most of us dread. Lisettes pumpkin muffins are so good (I'm assumming those are the muffins you are referring to). It makes me hungry thinking about them.