My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

14 Days Summary


Well, I didn't do all the things on my plan for the two weeks and I had to adjust here and there, but here's a summary of what I did. Mostly low key since I was away for 8 days of it (really cut down on my baking plans, oh well.)
Not in any particular order (I mainly focused my 14 days on Guitar Daddy)

1. Ironed Guitar Daddy's Sunday clothes (my least favorite chore)
2. Made heart shaped pumpkin muffins for a surprise breakfast served on our red, "You are Special Today plate.
3. Sacrificed the last scoops of Chocolate fudge Brownie ice cream.
4. Sent a special surprise text message from Florida after Guitar Daddy left to go back to work (I never text)
5. Emailed a cheesy ecard to let Guitar Daddy know he was missed.
6. Called Guitar Daddy and told him about hidden candy treat that was waiting for him.
7. Left heart brownies with decadent chocolate frosting as an extra sweet treat when he came home from Florida and was lonely at home without us.
8. Gave Guitar Daddy and Grandma and Pop Pop photo valentine of Little Miss Sunshine that had been stowed away in my suitcase.
9. Shared a homemade collage Valentine made with love by Little Miss Sunshine and modge podged by mommy (to Guitar Daddy and Grandma). We made it before we went to Florida and packed them up as a surprise while we were there.
10. Presented framed photo of me and Little Miss Sunshine to be proudly displayed on Guitar Daddy's office desk.
11. Made an effort to turn the other cheek all day- no smart or rude remarks for one day- just tried to be kind all day.
12. Pillow kisses with candy (copied Jennie's idea)
13.Enjoyed red sparkling lemonade in fancy champagne glasses.
14. Valentine with another round of top ten reasons.....

9 comments:

Becky said...

GOOD FOR YOU! That is fantastic. I hope they all know how much you love them. I think #3 would have been the hardest one for me. ;)

Smilin' sunshine said...

Way to go! You did lots of fun things!

Marcy said...

You had some great ideas!!
Happy Valentine's Day!!

smart mama said...

yay glad to see you complete the challenge!!

LL said...

FUN! You did great...

Trueman twins said...

Great ideas! I love how you thought ahead to leave little surprises even while you were away!

Unknown said...

It's hard work to be thinking of all of that around a trip! Whew... and my favorite is your resolve to 'turn the other cheek.' Perfect exercise of charity. Love it.

Jamie said...

I love the no smart or rude comments all day. It made me laugh, I don't know why though, its something I should try.

The Zoos said...

Wow, I am amazed you were so organized to think of doing all those lovely things in advanced for your hubby! How lovely.