
Last night as I was going through our bookshelf, I stumbled across this little children's book, Love Is... written and illustrated by Wendy Anderson Halperin. The illustrations are gorgeous and the book is an adaptation from the Book of Corinthians, Chapter 13 in the Bible. At the back of the book, the illustrator shares a beautiful thought of her own on love:
If there's one thing I've learned from experience, it is that how we respond to any person, any object, any situation is our choice. We can choose to approach these things with envy or arrogance, impatience or selfishness......
The quote struck me deeply,indicating that I need to make some personal changes. Sometimes I am quick to respond in an irritable, unkind tone, lash out, etc. So, my goal for the day, the 2nd day of Valentine's, is to be more mindful of my responses to Guitar Daddy and Little Miss Sunshine. My gift for today, aside from some little treats to eat, is to choose kinder, more patient responses.


9 comments:
a great gift indeed. I need to give the same thing....
i did give myself a lovely gift, BURBERRY! :)
perfect. I could use me some of that, too.
Good for you LL! You must smell lovely!
what a great thing- even better than candy--
hey you and ll can be smell alikes
I love that quote and that gift will last long after valentines day has come and gone!!
I can't believe you could lash out or be irritable, so are always so sweet!
great reminder. i LOVE this month. can you feel the LOVE? :)
What a great, thoughtful cupid you are!!
We always have a choice! How I respond is sometimes the unfortunate result of a bad choice! Thanks for the great reminder!
Post a Comment