My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Booted


I've officially been booted from my own bed, yes it's true. Only, it's been by my 2-year-old daughter. You see, pregnant days often call for a nice nap in a comfy cozy bed. The best time of day around here lately has been Little Miss Sunshine's nap time as it calls me to nap as well. May as well take advantage of it while I can. However, this routine was upset on our recent vacation to Florida where her resting spot (little crib) was just not as comfortable or large as hers at home. This led to some great naps for her while on vacation in my bed and it has continued now that we are at home. Let's just say I'm really stepping up my efforts to get her new room with a "big girl bed" organized and ready for her presence so we can both be off to dreamland!

8 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Yes, you must get that done. Let me know if you need help. I am not a fan of kids in my bed, so I agree that you must get her bed ready!

Company EIGHT said...

Oh goodness--it's amazing how fast they adapt, especially when it's a nice, comfy bed!
I would definitely be working fast to get her her own big girl bed!

Anonymous said...

I agree..Get it done right away or you'll never be able to break the habit!

Unknown said...

That is a sweet little napper. I love to nap with my kids--pretty soon they won't nap at all, never mind want to cozy up to you in YOUR bed... enjoy it! (Is that YOUR bed? It looks like the bedding of royalty!)
:)

Becky said...

i love napping kids in my bed. :) i agree with jenny - pretty soon they won't WANT to be with you so i enjoy every minute of it. thankfully BEN still wants to be with me. :)

Christy said...

I love the days of taking a nap with little ones, I haven't done that since the 1st, the nap schedule never seems to coincide when more little people are added..So I say live it up! These days are so short and it is sweet to watch them sleep.

Trueman twins said...

Love those naps! Get while you can no matter on the bed or couch! At least now you have the motivation to get LMS's room done!

The Zoos said...

I don't know when we will ever be able to break the habit of my kids sleeping with us. Leo still needs to sleep with daddy and Oliver sleeps with me in bed. I am just not the "let them cry it out" kind of mom. It only lasts so long. Soon enough, they don't even want to kiss or hug you. I cherish these moments when they want to be so close to you.