- Swimmingmom
- From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Service in Small and Simple Ways
I'm quite behind in posting pictures from my vacation in New Smyrna Beach a few weeks back and have some other thoughts on mind to share as well, but frankly, I have just not been motivated to do so. However, today I would like to thank my friend smartmama for her continuous generosity. I know what she does is just part of her and what she does, probably not a big deal, but it means a lot to me. I've been thinking of one of my favorite quotes by Sir. Walter Scott, "The Little Things are Infinitely the Most Important". Lately I've been thinking about charity and serving others. I know many who are such supreme examples of this and that I look up to and wish I were there, on that same level. However, I have to remind myself that we give in different ways and how one person serves and touches the lives of others, may not be the same way I do. We each have different talents and ways of sharing. I suppose the important thing that we do do is serve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
That is a very nice thought..thanks for sharing!!
This has been on my mind a lot too, especailly because I have so many kind friends who have offered to take my kids for a day while I'm down. Great things really do come in small pacakges.
You are such a shining example of service. You do such an amazing job every Sunday being the nursery leader. I am so grateful for your love and dedication to the sweet little ones in our ward. Thank you so very much for all of your love, hard work and effort that goes into each and every Sunday! Don't sell yourself short! You are wonderful!!
I'm so excited to find your blog! I can't wait to read it and catch up!
I love this post! It doesn't matter the 'quantity' of service but the 'quality'! Thanks!
service makes my world go round! nice post.
Post a Comment