My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Forward Progress

Just let me show you why it has taken so long to get Little Miss Sunshine's room in order. Here's a before picture.


I know, I know, cringe. I can't believe that we had a room like that either. Our home is generally tidy, but.... I suppose it all just accumulated over time while not using that room. Perhaps part of it had to do with getting our bathroom redone and losing the linen closet. You can see piles of clohtes and books awaiting a trip to the salvation army, bathroom linens and supplies with no home, scrabook supplies, and more. Well, since my main goal of the year is creating a house of order, we're on our way. The process of putting together this new bedroom created about 5 other organizational projects along the way (which are all still in process, naturally).

Although the room calls for artwork, photos, book shelves, and furniture to be refinished (which was mine growning up and my mother's before), it is habitable with clean bedding and new blinds in place. Hurray for Little Miss Sunshine taking a nap in her new bed! Oh, and the green walls aren't as shocking in real life- they're much more muted.

11 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

So cute!! I love it! I have been doing projects like that too. Therefore, I have a bunch of clothes that are finally ready to be given to you!

Michelle said...

It looks great!! I love the green paint. The girls are pretty much sitting on my lap, and they gave it two thumbs up too.

Marcy said...

That looks great and I love the green! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

I love the green with that pink bedding and the picture of LMS half asleep is adorable!!

nanci said...

I think everyone has at least one room like that (definitely when in the middle of a project or two!). I think the new room looks FANTASTIC - I love the colors.

Christy said...

Oh! Her rooms looks so cute!
The green walls are perfect! I would never believe you had a room like that if you hadn't posted it.

Company EIGHT said...

It looks wonderful!! You did a great job!!

Trueman twins said...

I love the green walls! Green is such a wonderful color! I hate is when one project requires so many side projects. It gets overwhelming! So glad that you are on your way and making "beautiful" progress!

Lei said...

That is so, so cute! I LOVE it! Great job. :)

Leah said...

Wow!!! I LOVE what you did! When the time comes, I think I'll have to do that with Lily's room!

Rachel said...

Hey - way to go! That looks so super great. I love getting things organzied, although those projects always take so much longer than you think.