My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Good Morning Mary Sunshine

Each day in one my preschool classes we sang a song at morning meeting called, "Good Morning Mary Sunshine" Just a way of checking in and seeing who was there each day.

"Good morning Mary Sunshine Sunshine Sunshine,
Good morning Mary Sunshine, who are you?" (point to child who then says his/her name).

For a time we sang this in nursery at our circle -time. Tonight I overheard Little Miss Sunshine singing while laying in bed.

"Good morning Mary Sunshine Sunshine Sunshine Sunshine, Good Morning Mary Sunshine who are you? ------." (I love how she added in an extra sunshine).

"Good morning Mary Sunshine Sunshine Sunshine Sunshine, Good Morning Mary Sunshine who are you? Lambie." (Her favorite stuffed buddy.)

"Good morning Mary Sunshine Sunshine Sunshine Sunshine, Good Morning Mary Sunshine who are you? Water" (there's a cup of water on her nightstand)

"Good morning Mary Sunshine Sunshine Sunshine Sunshine, Good Morning Mary Sunshine who are you? Wall. "

Wall? That one really got me. At least she's aware of her surroundings!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this! I talk to my walls, too.
:)

nanci said...

Little Miss Sunshine is one very smart and adorable little girl! Whenever I see her, I smile!

If she does this again you should have the camera ready and set to record her lovely voice.

Leah said...

:)! That put a big smile on my face!

Marcy said...

She is so cute!! I loved her in her little pig-tails the other day.

Smilin' sunshine said...

Cute! I love that you are blogging this stuff. I didn't write much of that down when my older kids said things.

Company EIGHT said...

Totally cute!!!

Trueman twins said...

Too cute! I love to listen when the kids are not aware.

Lei said...

ROFL! that is too cute.

The Zoos said...

I love how you remember the things she says. I always forget. She is adorable.