
It seems this has been a theme in my life for sometime now. When asked what my talents are, I sometimes have difficulty coming up with what to share. I'm not saying that I don't have talents or anything, mine are just more of the hidden type. You know, a good listener, deeply feeling, etc. Can't really stand on stage and perform or share those. Knowing that we can develop talents and skills, I've recently realized I am developing a skill or possibly a talent one day, of keeping confidences. This is something I treasure highly in others and is so important to me in friendships and associations.
Today I had a nice opportunity to see how devout priesthood holders take their role as confidants seriously and really do keep matters private. Recently my husband and I visited a priesthood leader in which we had a side conversation about my pregnancy which also led to a blessing. His wife happens to be my visiting teacher. I had a nice visit with my visiting teachers today and to my surprise my visiting teacher who is married to that kind priesthood leader had no inclination that I was pregnant. ( I suppose she just thought I'm getting a little chunky;-). I felt delighted for the reminder that when we speak with our leaders regarding private matters, they are indeed kept private. It wouldn't have bothered me if he had shared this particular bit of news, but it's just the concept of keeping a confidence that made me so appreciative.


2 comments:
this is something I admire so much in people...and isn't it so reassuring when we know there are those we can trust!
great post.
I believe strongly in keeping others' confidences, and always appreciate when it is reciprocated in return. I'm so glad you had such a good experience!
Post a Comment