My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dec. 23rd- The Day Before the Night Before Christmas

As it nears the end of the day and I think about the date, I am drawn to a childhood memory. I had a record player and loved to play Christmas music on it. My particular favorite was "The Day Before the Night Before Christmas". It's the only line of the song I can now recall, but admittedly, I hum it every year on this date. One day I'll be saavy enough to establish a play list on my blog and can actually hear the rest of the words.

4 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

I need that song. All day long my kids were saying it is the day before the night before Christmas.

Had no idea it was a song!

Company EIGHT said...

I've never heard that song! I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere!

I love those snippets of memories that stay with us forever!

Trueman twins said...

My kids kept saying it's Christmas Eve- Eve! I'd love to hear that song and share it with the kids.
Funny how little things stick with us so clear and others just fade away!

Swimmingmom said...

I actually found someone else who blogged about this song and he actually located it. I'll have to find it and share it will you for next year!