My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree





This is our first year of using an artificial tree. My husband was a little disappointed, but I convinced him that it would still look nice and we'd save a few bucks. The tree actually belonged to my parents, but they have down sized to a smaller tree. It is a beautiful tree with pre-lit lights from Frontgate, costing more than I would have spent, but it sure is nice to have family hand-me-downs. We're still working on the pine smell however. We'll get there. I love that there are no needles to vacuum up everyday, I no longer need to feel badly about not watering it, nor do I need to worry about our house catching on fire. Lastly, I just like it.

Little Miss Sunshine was a great participant in the decorating process. I loved that she so quickly figured out all on her own how to hang the ornaments. She did a very nice job. Naturally all the soft ornaments hang towards the bottom and the nicer ornaments are higher up. What really got me was the natural affinity she had to a little teddy bear ornament, my personal favorite growing up too. I always hung it low so I could go hug it each day, and it has been a joy to see her do the same.






3 comments:

nanci said...

Don't you love hand me downs? Especially when they come from loving family members.

For the pine smell I suggest a "Christmas Wreath" candle from Yankee Candle. It smells just like a fresh cut tree!

There is nothing better than seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child.

Leah said...

So cute! I can't believe how grown up Little Miss Sunshine is! Great Christmas memories!

Jamie said...

She is adorable. I'm so excited you're going to have another cute little person. Its nice to hear you like the artificial tree. I'm still wondering how that would be. Love the built in lights--makes life so much easier, plus not having to vaccuum--huge perk for me.