My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Little Lamps


"My friends are little lamps to me, Their radiance warms and cheers my ways, And all the pathway dark and lone Is brightened by their rays. I try to keep them bright by faith, And never let them dim with doubt For every time I lose a friend A little lamp goes out.”

Elizabeth Whittemore

How thankful and comforted I am for the gospel to know that our little lamps of friendship NEVER need to go out.


2 comments:

LL said...

SO CUTE!!!
and I feel the same. It's so hard to say good-bye to such an awesome friend....but it's fun to know the friendship will always be there.
You're sweet!

Company EIGHT said...

LOVE this!!!