My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hot Commodity


My girls LOVE pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, so just yesterday I started up a batch (my third this summer). I had intended to halve the recipe, but midway realized I had not. After all the wet ingredients were mixed, I realized I was short a can of pumpkin. Wrapped it up, put it in the fridge, piled the girls into the car and off we went to our local Hannafords (our second trip that day!) Horrors of all horrors, the shelf was depleted of canned pumpkin. There had been several cans earlier that morning. What wierdos besides me use so much pumpkin during the summer?! I checked at three other stores only to come out empty handed. So much for pumpkin muffins until the holidays I suppose.

2 comments:

ellen said...

Word on the New England streets is there's a shortage. I've got a good stash...

Rachel said...

Can I have your recipe please????