My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Day


Today was Pupetta's first day of toddler group at her early intervention. Previously she attended a parent/child group where I accompanied her for the duration of the group. She moved up into a group of children a little older and now I drop her off (sniff). To ease the transition, she has the same teacher as she did for the previous group and Little Miss Sunshine had the same teacher as well. Pupetta was thrilled to have her own backpack and head off to "school" just like her big sister. Looking forward to next week.

No comments: