My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Week of Firsts

Last week we had a few firsts around here.
1. Little Miss Sunshine's first trip to the dentist. Naturally, I forgot my camera. Although a little nervous initially, all went well. It helped that there was a copy of the Bernstein Bears Go to the Dentist in the lobby. The hygienist came out and met Little Missy in the waiting room which I thought was a great way to begin building a relationship of trust. She showed her around the office and explained in a fun way how everything worked. Little Miss Sunshine especially got a kick out of "Mr. Squirt", the water squirter thing. All in all it was a good visit - 20 teeth, no cavities, and a free pink toothbrush.
2. Pupetta's first toothbrush. Little Miss Sunshine picked it out for her. Abby Cadabby. Cute. Amazingly, Pupetta actually tolerates the brushing and I would venture to say actually enjoys it!
3. FIRST STEPS!!!Pupetta took her first jaunt across the kitchen last week. Although she still has a good month or so before she is actually "walking", it's good to see her first attempts and she the look of pride and joy on her sweet little face.

3 comments:

LL said...

WOW!
Big steps over there!
and CUTEST little girls.

Company EIGHT said...

They are DARLING! Congrats on the dentist visit, and on the first steps!

Trueman twins said...

I love the look of concentation on her face! First steps are so much fun!