My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

9 Years and Counting!




Today, August 4th, marks 9 years that Guitar Daddy and I have been married and sealed in the Boston Massachuetts Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It's gone by quickly. We're not doing anything super exciting, but just a nice little dinner at home with the girls before Guitar Daddy rushes off to church for his young men's activity night at church.


Here's this evening's menu:
Dinner: Roasted Chicken with Whole Wheat Pasta and Spinach Pesto
Dessert: Heath Bar Trifle



Here's what you need for the dessert. Recipe compliments of my friend, Melissa. It's a piece of cake ;-) Like my pun?!

Chocolate cake (made from a mix)
Cool Whip
Instant Chocolate Pudding (bigger sized box)
Heath Bar chunks (comes in a bag in the chocolate chip section)


Using a trifle or other bowl, (I used my punch bowl), layer crumbled cake, chocolate pudding, cool whip and heath bar. Repeat until all ingredients are gone! How easy is that?!

9 comments:

Mommy Knows Best said...

Happy Anniversary!!:) Thanks for sharing the recipe, too!

Unknown said...

HAPPY nine years!
And congratulations~

Smilin' sunshine said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sorry Mark had to share your anniversary with my husband and the boys!

nanci said...

Happy Anniversary to an awesome couple!

LL said...

Happy Anniversary!
You guys make a great team...and VERY cute babies!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Company EIGHT said...

What a beautiful couple! Happy Anniversary! Also, that dinner looks delish--I need to make that trifle, yum!

Christy said...

Donna! Your wedding picture is SO beautiful!
Happy Anniversary.

Trueman twins said...

Happy Anniversary! Mmm... I haven't had that trifle in a long time. I think I know what I have to make soon!
I agree with LL. Your girls are just darling!