
It's time to don the ruby slippers. We have now been out of our home for nearly 3 weeks. I suppose it goes without saying that home projects not only cost double than planned, but take as long as well. In this case, more than TRIPLE the time expected. No, we're not having anything super huge done (I know it sounds like we're having walls removed and a gourmet kitchen put in). Just new tile in the kitchen, hallway and bath, countertop, backsplash, new tub, and new doors. Naturally each task has presented unforeseen issues. We're almost there!
Fortunately, my parent's home is nearby and they are away for the winter in Florida so we are not on the streets, living in a friend's basement, or in a hotel. We're really getting spoiled here with the nice granite counter top island, gas stove, open floor plan, computer in the kitchen, main floor laundry, KING size bed, master bath, garage, finished basement for playing, huge t.v., never ending supply of food, and the list goes on. I realize for many of you, these are all part of your everyday living. I can only dream. Oh right, my post about contentment.... As comfortable as it has been here, we're getting eager to return home to our own surroundings. There really is no place like home!


7 comments:
I had no idea you were doing that! Exciting!! Let me know when I can see the finished product!
I didn't know either! 3 weeks is a LONG time to be away from home, no matter how comfortable you are.
Can't wait to see it!
How exciting to get all of that done! Really you should have a luncheon get together and let us appreciate it with you! We'll bring the food- you supply the beauty!
Hope it's done soon!
I'm anxious to see the results! You'll have to post some pictures when it's finished and you have time
Really, it's not even that great of stuff that we're having done!
I'm so excited to see the finished product!! YAY!!!
Now WHY are you anxious to get out of your parent's house again? It sounds great!
Post a Comment