Lame! I'd imagine we all do things and we look back and wonder, "Why did I do that, that was sooo lame!" We had a play date scheduled with a friend from Little Miss Sunshine's preschool class. Well, her old one since she just started in our public preschool program this past week. It was so nice of this family to invite us over and LMS was really looking forward to it.
It was little a bit snowy this morning, but not too bad. The weather reports kept noting it would snow more, be blustery, etc. Not really the best for driving and my car pretty much stinks in the snow. I called and cancelled and the mother sounded really disappointed although she said she understood. She said her house is just cleaner now and how much her daughter would be disappointed. Uggh, I feel even worse. It did look really slippery out and Guitar Daddy said it wasn't the greatest commute to work. After I hung up I looked out the window again and it really doesn't look that bad and it's not even snowing anymore. LAME. What has happened to me over the years. Growing up in New England, I used to drive in ANYTHING. Since having children, I seem to take NO risks driving unless I absolutely have to. I should have just went....


7 comments:
it definitely is better to be safe than sorry...and this mother should understand that...from looking out my window this morning I don't think I would have gone either...so I don't think you are lame at all!!
Todd was out cleaning the driveway and just from doing that he doesn't want to go anywhere because it is so icy. Better safe than sorry!
Reschedule!
You are NOT lame! I have stopped going out with even the littlest amount of snow. I don't want to take any chances with some of the crazy drivers on the road!
not lame. I cancelled hair appointments for the same reason...not worth the risk!
Hopefully you guys can reschedule with the playdate!
nah--not lame, just better.
We did the same thing over here.
(cue music)
There's always tomorrow...!
:)
Not lame at all. It's better to go with your gut, and not second guess yourself. I don't take chances with my kiddos either...don't worry!
I always say, trust your instincts!
Post a Comment