My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Love to see the temple, I'm going there someday...

Typically Tuesday mornings are spent at Little Miss Sunshine's early intervention play group. Today we took a little break from routine and drove to Belmont to admire the beautiful grounds of the Boston Temple and have a little picnic. It was her first visit there. She loves the outdoors and seemed overjoyed to see so many beautiful flowers and interesting trees.

We had such a nice time at the temple, that I should have quit while I was ahead. Why oh why did we stop at a toy store? I must remind myself that no, it is NOT fun to visit a toy store with a two and a half year old. Pretty much blew any peaceful, tranquil, tender moments earlier that morning. Lesson learned.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to spend your day.Did you take her inside for a cookie? Tiffany loves being able to go inside the temple and get a treat!

LL said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! What a neat activity for the day. She looks so cute in all the pictures, LOVE the last one!
Glad you enjoyed the day~minus the toy store :)

Unknown said...

Lesson learned.
Temple yes, toys, no.
You're a GREAT mom!

Marcy said...

Such a cutie!! I love all the pictures.
Too bad about the ending to the story. I just can see it~ a 2 year old not behaving in a toys store?? ;) (Hey I have a 10 year who has been know to throw a fit in a toy store.)

Company EIGHT said...

I have learned lessons like that too...but what a beautiful day, gorgeous grounds, and an adorable girl! You are a good mama!

The Zoos said...

What a great place to spend the day sans toy store.

Trueman twins said...

What a great idea and wonderful morning. Love the pig tails!

Jamie said...

Great idea! Funny about the toy store. Temple and Toy Store don't go together. In fact, Toy Store doesn't really go with anything. Its my least favorite place to go. I even have to distract my kids and have them look the other way while we pass the toy aisle at the grocery store in order to keep them from begging and whining.