
Located in the Back Bay/Copley neighborhood, The Boston Colonnade Hotel is a convenient (but expensive) place to stay when visiting Boston. The Prudentional Center is right across the street, Copley Plaza a brisk walk, Fenway in walking distance, and more great shopping on Newbury street just a few blocks away. I wish I could say I stayed there this weekend, but no, it wasn't me. My aunt, uncle and cousin were in town form Long Island looking for an apartment/condo for my cousin who will be attending the New England College of Optometry in the fall. They treated Guitar Daddy, Little Miss Sunshine and me to a lovely late dinner at Brasserie Jo, a french restaurant, adjacent to the hotel. The food was decadent. Actually, I can't even remember what I had for dinner, but I drank about 2 bottles of Perrier myself and devoured the 4 large scoops of rich chocolate mousse myself. Nice. I'm 36 weeks pregnant, ok.
Funny that I grew up not so far from Boston and now that I'm a little ways further west (oh, a WHOLE hour from Boston) I don't venture there too often. It was such a nice evening and I was reminded again how much I love Massachusetts. I need to get out more!


5 comments:
what a FUN night...looks like a place worth checking out!
btw. THIRTY SIX WEEKS?!?!? you're so close. FUN!
I LOVE a night out on the town.
Beantown, that is.
Good for you!
I love Boston! Not that I have ever been to that swanky place. More like hot dogs in Quincy Market!
sounds like a great time! and btw you are allowed to eat all the chocolate mousse you want!!
Holy cow I need to surf blogs more often. I had no idea number two was on the way and almost here!!! Congratulations! And no hurry on the potty training. It can be a pretty miserable experience.
Post a Comment