Have you ever been falsely accused of something? Not a very fun feeling, is it? Yesterday morning I was wondering what it was like for Joseph Smith who had trial upon trial thrown at him and so often was falsely accused. He pressed forward despite the negative things said and believed about him.
Little Miss Sunshine and I were off in the car running some errands. I had my mother's car, a Subaru legacy sedan, as mine had recently been in the repair shop. We intended to go through the car wash, fill up the car with gas, and later return it to her house.
Our first errand was a quick stop at The Salvation Army to drop off a couple of bags of clothes. As I pulled up, there was a navy blue Subaru Forrester parked on the left. A women stood, back of car open, and was struggling with a round wooden pedestal table. As I got out, I asked her if she needed some help removing it from her car. She said, "No thanks." as she was actually putting it into her car. I naturally assumed that she had just purchased it inside and was now taking it home. She finally got it in and drove away.
I put my two bags of clothing into the collection dumpster and went back to my car. An employee of the Salvation Army came out and said, "Hey, excuse me. Someone just saw you stealing a table and put it into your car. I was stunned. Why would I steal a dinged up old table? Would that really be worth it? Secondly, how in the world would it fit in my trunk? I told her there was a blue Subaru next to me that had a table in it, but I certainly wasn't stealing a table. I told her I was happy to have her look in my trunk. "Um, yeah, whatever..." was her response in a disbelieving tone.
I felt so angry inside that she didn't seem to believe me. I almost marched inside to review the whole incident but decided I should just let it go. It really bothered me that someone thought I didn't have integrity and that I would steal something while my toddler looked on. Honestly! (no pun intended)
- Swimmingmom
- From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Ew. I'm sorry that happened to you... not a nice feeling.
Reminds me of the story of a woman and her son who saw a man carrying a very big TV in their neighborhood; they decided to ask him if he wanted a ride, it looked SO heavy! He glady accepted, and they drove him to a house fairly far away. When they returned to their neighborhood, they found out that they had helped a man steal a tv from their neighbor. When they went back to that house, the man and the tv were no where to be seen, and no one could back them up. What a world!
oh wow...that made me mad just reading it!!! you poor thing, the NERVE!
good for you to walk away~
I'm really sorry that happened to you--definitely not a good feeling.
I'm also sorry that things like this happen often enough that suspicion abounds in other people.
ARGH!!! I hate stuff like that. It's so hard for me to let go and not get all twisted up and mad about it. No fun.
LOL- that is so horrible and kind of bizarrely funny!
It is so hard to restrain your tongue sometimes, but always best in hind sight. Good job NOT responding any further!
Post a Comment