I go through periods of reading and non-reading. I'm ready to embark on a reading period again. Not only is my brain turning to mush, but I've realized I've actually missed reading. Not to put too much pressure on myself, but just a little to keep me moving, I've decided to read one book a month. Most of my selections will be less than 300 pages. That's about all I can do. Big books are scary.
In March I read

Loved it! Admittedly, I am a bit more paranoid now, but it's good to be safe I guess. I could not put this down and I found myself staying up late reading with a flashlight. That hasn't happened in a long time. It felt great and I can't wait to read more!


7 comments:
my sister in law read this one and said that it was really disturbing...what did you think of it?
I'm afraid of this book. My sister told me it was disturbing as well. Are you having residual nightmares?
It is disturbing, but for some reason I really liked the book. There are some great things in it too. My sister-in-law won't go near it either. I don't have nightmares Jenny, but I do find I'm on my guard more as I tend to be naive. I read The Shack last year, and that is still on my mind as this is one often. For some reason the way it was written I just couldn't put it down. I must like tough topics or something - my favorite books are My Sister's Keeper, A Million Little Pieces (I know the language is horrible), and Amazing Grace.
The next books on my list are different though: Our Forgotten Children- Hard of Hearing Pupils in the Schools; A Mother's Book of Secrets; and In My Brother's Image.
I have this book and I thought it was well written. I still haven't seen the movie, yet, but I want to. I have a book that you might like- It's called Joel and it is a very inspiring true story about Joel Sonnenberg. You won't be sorry you read it!:)
I was just trying to talk Rex and Marianne into starting up the old book group. Your books were some of my favorite reads, so I can't wait to see what else you recommend!
I love it when you get a book and you can't wait until that point in the day where you can sit down and read and read and read. It feels great to immerse yourself in it and let your own life go for just a bit..
I'm glad you liked it. I have had this on my list for awhile, so it's good to hear some feedback.
Post a Comment