My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Simple Gifts




I just finished putting together this year's Father's Day gift for Little Miss Sunshine's grandfathers. Just simple, nothing over the top. A little handprint and photo. I started these scrapbooks for her first Father's Day and plan to add a page each June. It's nice to not have to think of anything too spectacular each year since the tradition is now started. I like tradition.

(oh, and the chinese food didn't work- obviously)

10 comments:

Marcy said...

SO CUTE!!

Leah said...

What a great idea! It's one I just know they LOVE!!

Anonymous said...

sorry the chinese food didn't work.the scrapbooks are such a great idea!

nanci said...

What a wonderful gift!

I can't believe how big Little Miss Sunshine's handprint is now compared to 2007.

Smilin' sunshine said...

That is a cute idea! Something meaningful.

Unknown said...

Brilliant!
And simple is always best.
A teaspoon of castor oil (with a glass full of OJ and lots of ice) makes a nice Father's Day cocktail for the expectant mom!
(it worked for ME...)

Rachel said...

What a great idea!!! I love that!

Trueman twins said...

Great idea! She is so beautiful!
Heard you had the baby. You'll have new pictures to add to the album each year. :-)

Company EIGHT said...

Love them--you did a great job, and I know they will be treasured.

Jamie said...

way to go finishing up the project before the big day