My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Free Entertainment





Yes, you heard me correctly FREE. Free entertainment for those little fritters in the under 3 age category. Just venture out to your local Home Depot. Conveniently they open at 6 am if you have an early riser and need to fill some of those long morning hours.

During a recent Home Depot jaunt, Little Miss Sunshine enthusiastically pointed to the illuminated Christmas trees already on display. She is naturally unaware that Halloween hasn't even arrived. To appease her for a few minutes so I could in turn have a few more moments to scour through tile samples, we ventured down the Christmas tree isle. To Little Miss Sunshine's delight, as we turned the corner, she bounded across many new and dear friends- Snowman, Santa, and Bear. All just her height. The greatest part- they're free to look at in the store and I don't even have to clutter my own home with them. Admittedly, there is that side of me as a parent that never wants to see that look of delight leave her face, so just don't be suprised if you're over for a visit in December and you happen to see a toddler sized bear or snowman welcoming you at our front door.

7 comments:

nanci said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!

Christy said...

I've said for years to Jared, who needs to go to Disney?..there's a disney store in the Mall!
They are so happy there!
So cute! So are those bears!

Charlotte said...

She's so cute. I miss you, too.

smart mama said...

so cute!

Jamie said...

Very cute! I wish I could see you guys together. I imagine you're such a fun mom. I had no idea that Home Depot opened at 6am.

Swimmingmom said...

I assure you, I'm really not that fun. Had I been fun, we wouldn't have been at home depot in the first place;-) Yes it is open at 6 am, but really we weren't there then!

I saw someone that reminded me of you the other day and I felt sad that you aren't here.

Leah said...

You can't beat free entertainment. Home Depot is one of Brian's favorite stores. He's like a kid in a candy store! :)