My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day!


The day after Labor Day, summer has just about officially ended and fall begins with the first day of school. This is Little Miss Sunshine's third year of preschool. Just the other day I came across her class picture from her first year of preschool. She was so small then! One of these days when I learn how to use the scanner, I will include that to this post. I can't believe she will turn five in just a few months. The first year she went two days, the next three, and this year five mornings! Four would have been perfect in my opinion, but our town doesn't offer that in the public preschool program. Little Miss Sunshine has a different teacher, Mrs. Patrick, who seems highly organized and I so appreciate that the classroom is visually clear and uncluttered. Here's to another great year!

4 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

She is too cute!

LL said...

love her....and her cutest little voice!

Marcy said...

She looks so grown up! I hope she had a GREAT first day!!

Company EIGHT said...

Seriously SO cute! Yay for the first day of school!