
MMMMmmmmm, chocolate. My favorite word, color, and food. I dream in chocolate. When I think of dessert, chocolate treats are the only option.
The splurge on excessive calories are only worth it to me if it involves chocolate. Chocolate ice cream, Hershey kisses, chocolate cookies, hot chocolate, chocolate milk, Nutella, chocolate chip pancakes are all staples in my life. The richer, gooeyer, chunkier, the better. Sad, but true.
Easter is on the horizon which yields choice after choice of chocolate treasures. Among my favorites are Cadbury Eggs (when Easter's gone, they're gone;-), Dove milk chocolate eggs, chocolate marshmallow bunnies and the list is endless.
It seems the curtain is abruptly closing on my chocolate act. For some time now I have had some unresolved digestive issues which have come to a head this winter. Without delving into embarrassing details, we'll just say I often look and feel pregnant because of all the strange stuff going on inside my body. At this stage of the process, I need to be milk free to help reduce some amount of inflammation. Milk free??!!!!! EEakkkkk!!! That means, gulp, chocolate free. It's been a week now and it hasn't been as bad as I had anticipated. It hasn't been too much work to alter my meals, but it's those treats that I'm missing.
At a visit to CVS today it took everything I had to pass by the Easter candy section as it was calling out so loudly. As we were getting into the car, my 20 month old requested, "Chocolate? Want chocolate" Probably not a bad idea for her to kick the habit either.
So, I will press forward, learning to live my life without my lifelong friend.


9 comments:
you are the wind beneath my wings :-)
I couldn't do it!
Tragedy. Can you eat dark chocolate?
Whoa! What about making things from just cocoa?
I am grieving for you...
Hopefully this does the trick though, and it will be worth it.
So difficult!! I was in CVS today and picked up the Cadbury eggs and put them down and then picked them up again. Ultimately I put them down. So I feel your pain!! Such an internal struggle!
How sad! Maybe I will stop eating chocolate in support of you. I'll have to consider for a few days :)
I have gone without chocolate for 2 years. It got easier as time went on. Hope things get better for you (digestively I mean).
Thanks for the birthday wishes.
How sad! Maybe I will stop eating chocolate in support of you. I'll have to consider for a few days :)
I have gone without chocolate for 2 years. It got easier as time went on. Hope things get better for you (digestively I mean).
Thanks for the birthday wishes.
I am so sad for you! But you can do it!!! My only experience with giving up chocolate was while I was nursing, and it's true... it's not as bad as you'd think. (((hugs)))
oh my dear! One of my kids doesn't even like chocolate, not fair! Someday you will reunite..they will develop a chocolateless chocolate, that doesn't taste like plastic.
Hang in there, it will get easier, but it is so sad.
Post a Comment