There's a funny story accompanying the photos below. While raking leaves on a gorgeous fall day, I really tried to be a "fun mom" involving the girls in the raking activity. As the afternoon progressed, I found myself becoming quite irritable. I thought it would be so much fun to give rides in the wheelbarrow, only to find myself becoming more agitated. Then of course I felt the need to document the rides, which only caused me to feel like a truly rotten mom for being so bothered the girls would not sit still for the perfect photo op. So, later in the week, the girls had a spontaneous sugarplum fairyesque dance in the living room with darling costumes and it was just so sweet, I decided to not taint the moment with a picture. That pure pleasant picture will just have to stay in my head as a precious memory....
- Swimmingmom
- From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.
Monday, November 29, 2010
On the way out
Now that the Christmas season is swinging in, I'd better post a few fall pictures since fall is on it's way out! I have so many thoughts and ideas for posts, with photos waiting in the wings, but just never seem to get around to posting. In the next few days, I likely will post some backs events just to catch up a bit.
There's a funny story accompanying the photos below. While raking leaves on a gorgeous fall day, I really tried to be a "fun mom" involving the girls in the raking activity. As the afternoon progressed, I found myself becoming quite irritable. I thought it would be so much fun to give rides in the wheelbarrow, only to find myself becoming more agitated. Then of course I felt the need to document the rides, which only caused me to feel like a truly rotten mom for being so bothered the girls would not sit still for the perfect photo op. So, later in the week, the girls had a spontaneous sugarplum fairyesque dance in the living room with darling costumes and it was just so sweet, I decided to not taint the moment with a picture. That pure pleasant picture will just have to stay in my head as a precious memory....




.
There's a funny story accompanying the photos below. While raking leaves on a gorgeous fall day, I really tried to be a "fun mom" involving the girls in the raking activity. As the afternoon progressed, I found myself becoming quite irritable. I thought it would be so much fun to give rides in the wheelbarrow, only to find myself becoming more agitated. Then of course I felt the need to document the rides, which only caused me to feel like a truly rotten mom for being so bothered the girls would not sit still for the perfect photo op. So, later in the week, the girls had a spontaneous sugarplum fairyesque dance in the living room with darling costumes and it was just so sweet, I decided to not taint the moment with a picture. That pure pleasant picture will just have to stay in my head as a precious memory....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh, I can so relate to every word in this post! There is a fine line between capturing moments and ruining them. :) These photos are so cute though! Your girls are beautiful!
You hang on to that precious memory--it will serve you well in about 10 years or so...
it will!
They are such cuties! I can't believe how big they are getting. How time flies! Thanks for sharing the pictures...how fun!
The best laid plans always go awry in reality! I used to think oh someday it will be so fun to bake cookies with my kids. Then we did it and it was a huge mess, which stressed me out and made it no fun at all. Sometimes stopping to capture those moments sucks ALL the fun out of them! You did get some sweet shots though. So cute!
Post a Comment