When my daugher,Little Miss Sunshine, accompanies me to the basement to "help" with the laundry, she generally slowly inches away and begins digging through my old boxes. She recently dug up one of my favorite high school tapes, made in February 1990, my senior year. I popped it into the tape deck (this morning so glad we still have one!) and instantly remembered how much I LOVE 80's music. I need to keep that in mind that next time I'm feeling down. 80's music is a natural mood enhancer for me. I tend to be somewhat reserved, but admittedly, 80's music pulls out a different side. Hmm, perhaps I should just think about getting an ipod afterall.
Here's a list of the songs on the tape in case I ever lose my tape:
Side A
Dont' Ask Me Why- Eurythmics
Work is a 4 Letter Word- The Smiths
Only You- Yaz
Should I Stay or Should I Go- The Clash
Love My Way- The Psychedelic Furs
Doot Doot- Freur
Inside Out- The Mighty Lemondrops
Balloon Man- Robyn Hitchcock
Moonbeam- Men Without Hats
In Your Eyes- Peter Gabriel
Play For Today- The Cure
Side B
Rock Me Amadeus- Falco
Something We Can Do- Vitamin Z
Will Never Marry- Morissey
Bizarre Love Triangle- New Order
Rock the Casbah- The Clash
Games Without Frontiers- Peter Gabriel
Melt With You- Modern English
Secret Separation- The Fixx
Oh L'Amour- Erasure
Boys Don't Cry- The Cure
Funny How Love Is- FYC
- Swimmingmom
- From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
LOVE the side A side B. Good stuff. 80's music is the BEST!
did you get my message on Facebook???
Tapes. Those were the days. ) Love that 80's music--brings back a lot of memories!
I was singing along with the titles! Brings back such vivid and good memories not just memories but also feelings. I wonder if it is because we were teenagers and the focus was so much on music and how it related to our moods. hmmm...
I loved mix tapes!! Reminds me of driving around during high school
Awesome! Did someone special make this tape? Will our children ever appreciate the effort that went into making a tape such as this! Keep it for a family heirloom.
Post a Comment