My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies

'Tis the season for all things pumpkin. Pumpkin bread, muffins, pies, dips and cookies. These cookies are a fall favorite of mine. I've already made them three times this fall. (Probably not really contributing to any weight loss ;-) I was inspired to share my recipe after reading a different method on http://www.myquestforhealing.com/blog/

My recipe calls for raisins, but naturally since I'm baking, I quickly changed my recipe to chocolate chips. What's the point of baking if there's no chocolate?!

Here's the super easy recipe:

1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Pumpkin
1/2 Cup Oil
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 Cup (or in my case,I use the WHOLE bag!)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix sugar, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Add sifted dry ingredients. (I don't sift). Lastly add CHOCOLATE CHIPS.

Place by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
Bake for approx. 15 minutes.

1 comment:

LL said...

MUST DO. they sound so yummy!