My photo
From the age of 5, seemingly endless hours were spent in the pool as I swam for New England Swimming/AAU. The smell of chlorine is nostalgic. During life's tough times, I draw on my swimming experiences of discipline, coupled with my faith in Jesus Christ. I spent many years out west for my schooling in speech-language pathology and special education, before returning to NE to teach. Although I have a passion for teaching young children with special needs, I currently am at home with my own 2 sweet girls, both of whom have sensorineural hearing loss and are the greatest gifts in my life.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Good Deal

I've been relishing in my good find this past week. Little Miss Sunshine has been pining away for a wooden princess castle and is really hoping for one for Christmas. She saw one in a boutiqueish toy shop. and naturally it was close to $200. So, it seemed that would not be making the Christmas list this year.

Well, while shopping for a birthday present for my niece, I happened upon this on clearance! $35:

Three Wishes Castle. Made in the UK. It had been on sale,and then on clearance, and then 50% off. So, what was originally $139, I got for $35!!!!! Score! To top it off, Little Miss Sunshine was with me and I was sneaky enough to pay for it and get it into the car and home without her suspecting a thing!!!!

Gotta love a good deal!!!

7 comments:

Leah said...

Love it! We've been looking for something like that too!

Unknown said...

Way to go!
And nice job keeping it on the down-low!
:)

nanci said...

Score! Finding a great bargain is so much fun. She'll be so happy on Christmas morning!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Wahoo!!

LL said...

AWESOME!!!!
I went on a barbie house hunt today...I'm thinking it's going to have to be built by dad.
I LOVE A GREAT DEAL, nice work!!!

Marcy said...

Every girls dream~ the castle for her and the GOOD DEAL for you!!

Trueman twins said...

I love it when I find bargains like that! Feels so great to get a good deal and exactly when you wanted!